Let’s first consider why you would want to present a corporate gift to your customers. Here are five reasons why corporate gifts at Christmas and throughout the year represent a GREAT investment.
1. Gifts help develop your relationships – everyone loves a gift and most people feel kindness to the person giving the gift. The psychology is no different in corporate gifting – your customers will be grateful and a little more loyal to you. It’s so much harder for a customer to stop doing business with you when they have received gifts from you.
2. When you’re in the early phase of what you hope will be a profitable relationship with a customer, it’s important that they remember who you are. Perhaps they’ve simply trialed your products or services, but you’re yet to be on their regular shopping list. Send them a branded corporate gift and there’s more chance of them remembering you, and ordering from you in the future.
3. A corporate gift is in fact a cheap advertising medium – consider a branded gift vs advertising and you will soon realise that it more targeted, more memorable, more long lasting and so delivers much better value for money.
4. It’s always nice to get a thank you, so consider a gift to say thank you to a customer for their business. New Zealand is a small country and your customers often have a choice in who they do business with. A simple thank you gift goes a long way to maintain loyalty in the face of stiff competition.
5. Don’t think of your corporate gifts as a cost, but rather as an investment. Why not even run some analytics? Identify your top twenty customers and then gift the top ten twice in the year and measure your return from those customers vs the other ten customers – you may well be surprised by the result, but we won’t be!
Then of course there are your staff, who have rallied around you all year to grow your business. It’s easy to say that that’s what they get paid to do, but remember that our employment pool in New Zealand is very small. Good staff are hard to get and even harder to keep. It’s the little things that keep them loyal, those thoughtful words, kind deeds and small gifts that surprise and delight them and remind them why they love coming to work for you each day.
Remember it’s not just about Christmas, so why not consider a range of gifts that are ready to hand out in recognition of good work. Perhaps it’s a pair of headphones or a branded Tee or an umbrella. Consider gifts that are thank you presents vs gifts that are rewards for achievement. Having a range of useful branded items, given for hitting sales targets can be a great trick for motivating staff. This is especially true if the item can be used each day but recognises someone’s status as #1 salesperson that month. The recipient will have immediate bragging rights and other staff will know they are a high achiever.
Christmas Corporate Gift Ideas
At Christmas, what options do you have for corporate gifts? How do you do something a little different? How do you stand out from the crowd?
Food and Drink Inspired Corporate Gifts
How about a branded set of cheese knives, with your company logo etched into the lid, along with a selection of fine cheeses and a bottle of wine?
Consider a range of coffee/tea mugs with your branding – every office needs cups in the staff room, and they normally stay in the cupboard for years! We have a broad range of mugs that can be branded both on the inside and outside. Dare to be bold – talk to us about creative ways to get your message across.
Longer Lasting gifts
We have a range of canvas pictures in various sizes which can be printed with any message or design you like. Perhaps get a drone picture of your customer’s premises and then let us print it to a picture canvas – what a great gift! Or how about inviting a photographer to take local images and then gift these as a unique present.
It’s a Date
Desk diaries, desk calendars and wall planners are still as useful today as they were 20 years ago. The more time poor we become the more important it is to organise our time better.
But also think more outside the box – how about a diary that encourages you to improve your work/life balance a little more. How about a diary that invites you to set goals each month against certain criteria such as family, financial, personal and life.
We all know that Christmas is a time for giving so don’t be a scrooge, invest and reap the rewards this holiday season – we know you won’t regret it!