We operate 20 eBusiness websites across the world. They’re all driven from Flyerlink, our IT heart. Everyone who touches our business interfaces with Flyerlink in some way, whether a client placing an order, a franchisee preparing a proof or our production team manufacturing finished print. We are expanding our development team and are looking for 3 well-rounded developers who’d like a challenging role. Our systems are mainly developed in PHP, but there are many non-PHP aspects to the job, so the more general your knowledge and experience, the better.
- You will have a strong interest of web development using PHP, developing bespoke large scale applications. Any commercial experience is a big bonus.
- We mainly use PostgreSQL, but experience of other DBMS may be sufficient.
- We use source control (Both Subversion and Git), and experience with other languages and frameworks is definitely preferable.
- We telecommute, and we keep in touch using email and IRC. Whilst you will be based in Manchester, our other developers are scattered round the UK, Europe and the USA, so you must be able communicate well using your keyboard.
- We all develop on Mac OS X. You can develop using any OS you prefer, but due to the nature of the development, you must use a Unix-based OS.
- Although you wonât be expected to be an award-winning designer, you must be able to create and modify HTML and CSS.
Experience of system administration of Linux (Debian, specifically) would be highly desirable but not essential. Weâd especially love it if you have experience with load balancing, replication and high-availability.
THE OTHER STUFF
You’re a self starter. You like people. You’re confident and you like getting things done. You’ve got a high attention to detail and are proud of the way you present yourself. You’re interested in aesthetics and you get annoyed when a user interface is ugly or irritating. You’ll have a degree in an IT-related discipline and you’ll have done well at university. You’ll be good at maths and your written English is flawless.
We’ll pay a competitive salary, health benefits and make pension contributions. You’ll be eligible for our performance-related bonus scheme. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with lots of different people from lots of different countries (you’ll learn what winklewagen means in Dutch). And we’re located in the calm oasis of Trafford Park.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
Is it? Or do you know a friend or relative who’s suitable? Email your CV and covering letter to IT.email@example.com. No agencies please. Really.